Best 13 inch ultrabook of UK in 2017: Ultrabook with 13 inch screen
A 13 inch ultrabook provides the best balance between portability and comfort. Ultrabook with 13 inch screen is not as small as netbooks and not as big as mainstream 15.6 inch laptops. Finding the best ultrabook with 13 inch display in UK is not easy but the experts at laptop UK will help you find the best one with little to no efforts. For many, 13 inch screen size is best as it is neither too small nor too big to carry around. It is big enough for getting real work done and can do more than just web surfing, unlike netbooks that too small for working comfortably. Before we list out the best ultrabook with 13 inch screen in UK, we need to enlist certain things that you should look out when buying one.
Best ultrabook with 13 inch screen checklist
Touchscreen or non touchscreen – the new windows 10 operating system from Microsoft is very touch friendly software and you will love using your fingers to navigate around the operating system. The touchscreen laptops does come at additional cost though so keep that in mind. Some touchscreen laptops offer convertible functionality allowing themselves to be used in variety of modes like tablet mode, presentation and tent mode.
Keyboard – Ultrabooks are very thin and that makes it hard for the laptop manufactures to get comfortable experience. Only the quality manufactures are able to get it right and we have mentioned their models in this list. An ideal 13” ultrabook comes with backlit keyboard and multitouch touchpad for optimum navigation and typing experience.
Storage – While Intel initially allowed ultrabooks to strictly come with SSD aka solid state drives, its policies have loosen up over the past few years. Now-a-days, you will find several 13 inch ultrabooks with hybrid and traditional storage solutions. While SSD ultrabooks are the fastest, they are also the costliest and offer lower storage capacities compared to mechanical hard disk storage types. SSD equipped laptops also helps in keeping the weight of the machine as-low-as possible. Since SSDs are all flash, they are more reliable as there are no moving parts.
Battery life – you will be using these 13 inch ultrabooks on the move so consider buying only those that claim 5+ hour of runtime. You would not want to lug that charging brick with you on the road. Trust us.
Display – Best ultrabook with 13″ would come with full HD display but these can get quite expensive when paired with a powerful processor. If you need a bigger room for work, consider getting a bigger 15” ultrabook or 17” ultrabook.
Here are best ultrabooks with 13 inch display in UK.
HP Spectre 13-v102na
Packing latest 7th generation i7 processor and full HD display, the HP Spectre 13 has edge-to-edge glass that gives it a bezel-less illusion. It has 512GB SSD for blithering fast data transfer speeds so applications load up instantly. HP has made the entire chassis with durable aluminium and carbon fiber that adds strength to overall profile while keeping it as light as possible. Its luxe copper top keyboard frame adds sense of sophistication and class while delivering best-in-class typing experience. Another top candidate for best ultrabook with 13 inch in UK.
* 13.3 inch full HD display with 1920×1080 resolution, edge-to-edge Corning Gorilla
* Intel Core i7-7500U 3.2 GHz processor
* 8 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 10, 10 hours of battery life.
* Bang & Olufsen speakers with HP Audio Boost
Asus Zenbook UX310UA
Asus Zenbook UX310UA runs windows 10 and is one of the most sleekest and well-equipped ultrabook with 13 inch in UK. Powered by the latest Intel ultra low voltage processor, the Intel Core i5, you get stunning performance and battery life. It has spacious touchpad supporting multi-touch gestures and comfortable, backlit keyboard. The screen is stunning packing quad HD+ screen that shows you much more than a conventional display. This makes you more productive by showing more content at a glance. It is cheap, affordable and one of best 13″ ultrabooks around.
* 13.3 inch QHD+ IPS LED display, 3200×1800 pixels
* Intel Core i5-7200 Processor, Intel HD graphics 520
* 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 1.45 Kg
Dell XPS 13
It is clearly one of the most powerful 13″ ultrabooks under 1000 pounds thanks to its latest i7 processor. Its full HD screen makes high-detailed films, games and everyday browsing an absolute pleasure. The Dell XPS 13 has ultra-slim profile, weighing mere 1.3 kilos. Artfully constructed from premium materials, you get strong construction while still getting all the premium features like backlit keyboard, stereo speakers and IGZO IPS panel that is super bright.
* 13.3″ full HD 1920×1080 pixels display, IGZO IPS panel
* Latest 6th-generation Intel Core i5-6200u processor
* State-of-the-art 256 GB SSD storage, 12 GB RAM, Up to 8 hours of battery life
HP Spectre 13 x360 – Powerful CPU, Backlit keyboard
This particular HP laptop has it all and it is a serious 13″ ultrabook to get serious work done. It has latest 7th generation Intel i5 processor that is backed by whopping 256GB SSD and 8GB RAM. The display packs quad HD resolution which is 4-times normal HD panel. This gives it exceptional sharpness and clarity.
* 7th Generation Intel Core i5 processor with 8GB RAM and lightning-fast 256GB SSD storage
* Beautiful 33.8 cm (13.3″) diagonal Quad-HD touchscreen with a 360 degrees hinge and four distinct modes
* Carved like a sculpture, the CNC aluminum unibody is simply a work of art. Enjoy a seamless transition from Laptop to Tablet with an elegantly designed 360° hinge
* Serious staying power with up to 16 hours battery life, HP fast charge lets you charge faster, 1.32 kg and 13.9 mm thin
Dell Inspiron 13 5000
This Dell ultrabook with 13 inch screen is a solid performer. It is powered by latest i7 processor and blazingly fast 256GB SSD that ensures everything on it loads instantly. It runs latest windows 10 and offers backlit keyboard. The display packs full HD resolution and touchscreen that can be used in variety of ways as shown in image below. The display has wide viewing angles which is important for something doubles as tablet.
* 13.3 Inch FHD (1920 x 1080 pixels) LED-lit Truelife Touchscreen
* 6th Generation Broadwell Intel Core i7-6500U 3.00 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.80 GHz
* 16GB Dual Channel DDR3L-RS 1600Mhz RAM + 256GB SSD
* Backlit Keyboard; 3 x USB 3.0; Bluetooth 4.0; HDMI; Exceptionally Long-Lasting Battery Life up to 9-hrs
ASUS Zenbook Flip UX360UA-DQ143T
If you ask us which is the best ultrabook with 13 inch screen in UK, this would be our answer. Packing latest i5 processor, touchscreen display that can be rotated to use as tablet, 8GB RAM and amazingly fast 128GB SSD, the Asus Zenbook Flip is clearly the winner here. The display packs quad HD+ resolution which is 4k.
* 13.3-Inch QHD+ Convertible Laptop with 3200 x 1800 Screen Resolution
* latest 6th Generation Intel Core i5-6200U processor clocked at 2.3GHz, Intel HD Graphics
* Laptop, Stand, Tent and Tablet modes, 1.3 kg, 13.9 mm thick, backlit keyboard
* 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, Windows 10 Operating System, 57-Whr battery that delivers stunning battery life
Lenovo ThinkPad 13
Lenovo ThinkPad 13 brings superb mobility and productivity for professionals and students. It is built to pass 12 military specification tests that make it extremely durable. The 13-inch screen has FHD IPS panel that is razor-sharp and offers wide viewing angles. Its precision touchpad and Thinkpad’s chiclet keyboard will make sure you never miss a thing.
* 13.3 inch (1920×1080) Full HD IPS Display
* Intel Core i5 (6200U) 2.3GHz dual core processor with 3MB L3 cache, Integrated Intel HD Graphics 520
* 4GB (1x4GB) 2133MHz DDR4 Memory, 256GB Solid State Drive with OPAL2 support
HP Envy 13-ab008na
At 1.4kg, HP Envy 13 is no heavier than the lightest and best netbook and manages to have specs that are otherwise found in desktop-replacement laptops. It has latest kabylake i7 processor that is backed by whopping 512GB SSD and 8GB of DDR4 RAM. There are pair of Bang & Olufsen speakers that offers excellent audio output. The 13-inch edge-to-edge glass display looks stunning and is extremely sharp. With moderate use, you will be able to get around 12-hour runtime off single charge. If you are a power user, definitely get this.
| 13.3 inch, Quad HD, Touch-Screen display
| Intel Core i7-7500U processor, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 10, 1.4 Kg, backlit keyboard
Apple Macbook Air
For many, the Apple Macbook Air was the first ultrabook to make its debut in the market. If you are an iOS or MacOS user, the Apple Macbook Air is still an excellent choice. It has good resolution, decent performance, good-enough battery life and backlit keyboard.
* Processor: 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Broadwell), Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz
* Memory: 8GB 1866MHz LPDDR3; Storage: 256GB flash
* Display: 13.3-inch (diagonal), 1440-by-900-pixel LED-backlit glossy display
* Operating System: El Capitan